Vision Statement Introducing people to Jesus and equipping them to grow spiritually and minister to their world.
Mission Statement To provide a safe environment in which to bring people of all ages into a vital, living relationship with Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior. We will do this by introducing people to Jesus and equipping them to grow spiritually and to minister to their world. Brothers in Christ:
We have selected the Tuscarora Indian Ministry as our Booster Project for this year. The financial support and prayers of AB Men will go to great lengths to present the Gospel of Christ to many who have not yet been told of the Good News.
We will be focusing on the ministry of the Tuscarora Indian Ministry to help them support and grow in five areas of desired growth listed below, in bringing lost souls to Jesus Christ. We can assist by finances and prayer to a spiritual awakening in so many lives.
I have been in contact with the following folks regarding the needs of this important undertaking. Rev. Donald Robinson, Tuscarora Indian Mission, Jeff Harmon Chief Operating Officer, Family Life Ministries, and Brad Hutchcraft, Director, On Eagles' Wings of the Rev. Ron Hutchcraft Ministries.
A statement from Rev. Robinson touched my heart when he stated” the Tuscarora Ministry has gone from being a mission to doing missions.” They, through many of their own American Baptist churches, are now sharing the message of salvation. We have the wonderful opportunity to assist in getting the message to young and old alike for the Tuscarora Nation and others.
Listed below are five potential projects or mission possibilities in consideration. Our financial support will be allocated to the area most in need.
1. Youth Center - the dream big plan only talked about over the years. Only hand drawn plans or prints on scratch paper. No blueprints, account started or fundraising begun yet. Our community has very limited opportunities for youth programs, we would like to see the church have a great impact or influence on our young people for positive change.
2. Domestic Mission Trip - A native team, comprised mostly of young people, but also professionals, taking on a project at another native community. Offering an opportunity to interact with other young people, expand our view outside our local community and help others build or rebuild theirs.
3. International Mission Trip - plan a particular trip to a country in the Caribbean, Central America, South America or even Africa. Possibly join an existing ministry already in country or doing missions in the field. Could also be part of a mixed group or co-mingled with various ministries to expand our world view of the gospel.
4. Fellowship of Indian Churches - An annual meeting or gathering of native pastors and church members in a camp setting. Was held each year in Olcott, NY, but now moves near a different native community or sponsor. This year we meet in the Adirondack region. Pastors families are always invited, but funding and sponsorship are always needed. There is usually a youth event planned for this 3 day gathering with men’s and women’s classes and workshops. Plenary sessions are always inspiring, music and sports included in native fashion. We always go home refreshed and inspired to share the gospel anew with our communities.
5. Scholarships and Sponsorships - from educational programs to youth events, tuition scholarships or travel expense vouchers. Each year there are opportunities such as "On Eagles Wings" native youth ministry, ”Weekend to Remember Events" for married couples or "Biennial Summits" for all ages. We would like to expand our participation in many ministries and offer opportunities to nurture our community to prepare them for ministry.
Be in prayer for God to lead each one of us as we consider our gift to fund the visions and dreams of the Tuscarora Indian Ministry. We can help be a small part of the big picture in bringing lost souls to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
Peace and blessings,
Rev. Thomas Bell Pastor Consultant AB Men NYS
Booster Club Success Stories
1998 Equipment and Materials for Camps Pathfinder & Vick $1,105.40 1999 Construction Material for Dominican Republic School $1,406.00 2000 Buying & Equipping Disaster Relief Trailer $1,365.00 2001 Conversion & Equipping Disaster Relief Trailer $1,537.00 2002 Camp Vick Pool Project $5,395.00 2003 Camp Vick Pool Project $4,197.00 2004 Spring Valley, NY - Mission Church Project $2,409.00 2005 Camp Vick Tractor Project $4,001.00 2006 Camp Vick Tractor Project $2,489.72 2007 Camp Pathfinder Storm Damage Repair $4,791.00 2008 Karen Refugee Missions in NYS $1,325.00 2009 Disaster Relief Operations Expenses $2,745.00 2010 ABC of New York State Mission Trip to Haiti $1,170.00 2011 Scholarship Fund for Camping & ABMen Rally $1,325.00 2012 ABMen-USA Arizona Hopi Project $ 460.00 2013 Pet Project $ 613.00 2014 Syracuse NY Teen Challenge $1,456.50 2015 Rawanda Ministries $2,035.00 2016 Jay and Suzi Koshy $2,061.00 2017 Chuck and Ruth Fox $2,258.00 2018 Camp Vick & Pathfiner Lodge $1,082.00 2019 Tuscarora Indian Ministry